NYC LAW 87 TOTAL COMPLIANCE SOLUTIONS
Law 87 Energy Audits &
Control Technologies provides complete compliance solutions for the audit, retro commissioning, and reporting portions of Local Law 87 of the Greener, Greater Buildings Plan legislation. The audit provides building owners and managers complete information and analysis to make sound financial decisions regarding energy saving opportunities. Our ASHRAE Level II energy audit will help you comply with the law and identify energy projects that will meet your financial criteria. The required retro commissioning generally provides a 1-2 year payback.
Local Law 87 Requirements
- Must perform an ASHRAE Level II Energy Audit of base building systems:
- Domestic hot water
- Electrical and lighting
- Building Envelope
- Must perform retro-commissioning of base building systems to correct deficiencies.
- Must file an Energy Efficiency Report (EER) by compliance date, which outlines audit findings and corrective action taken. EERs are due every 10 years starting in 2013. The energy audit and retro-commissioning must be performed during the 4 years prior to submitting the EER.
Control Technologies Law 87
Control Technologies provides the technical expertise to help you comply with the requirements of Local Law 87. We can help you determine whether or not you already comply with this section of the law.
- Pre-compliance assistance
- Early compliance assistance
- ASHRAE Level II Audits
Control Technologies not only advises you on compliance but provides a concise presentation of your energy improvement options with a solid business case. Each potential measure is defined in terms built around sound financial metrics and the asset valuation impact.
- Monitoring Based Commissioning
- Comprehensive Building Energy Solutions
- Energy Metering and Dashboards
- HVAC & Lighting Control
Control Technologies executes the required ASHRAE Level II Audits, Retro Commissioning, and Energy Efficiency Reporting to meet your compliance deadline. In addition, we provide a full range of building solutions:
- Project Management
- Facility Operation & Maintenance
- Utility Rebate Procurement and Project Financing
Who We Are
Control Technologies Audit Team Credentials
- Professional Engineers (PEs)
- Certified Energy Managers (CEMs)
- Retro-commissioning agents (CBCP)
- Certified Measurement & Verification professionals (CMVP)
- LEED Accredited Professionals
Why Comply Early with Local Law 87
The results of Control Technologies’ energy audit and retro commissioning can:
- Begin saving energy and money now
- Prevent missed reporting dates
- Avoid possible penalties
- Start reducing greenhouse gas emissions right away
Questions You Should Ask About Law 87
Law 87 was designed to improve the energy efficiency of New York City's existing buildings as well as to:
- Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions (GHG)
- Reduce Energy Use/Save Money
- Reduce Maintenance Costs
- Lower Operating Costs
NYC Local Law 87 requires buildings exceeding 50,000 gross square feet, or two or more buildings together exceeding 100,000 square feet that share a tax lot or are held by the same condominium ownership, to comply.
Local Law 87?
(Proposed amendment, public hearing 3/23/12)
Failure to submit an Energy Efficiency Report is a major (Class 2) violation, which may result in a penalty of $3,000 in the first year and $5,000 for each additional year until the EER is submitted to the department. The department will not accept any outstanding EER submission if outstanding penalties are not paid in full.
Beginning in calendar year 2013, Energy Efficiency Reports are due in the calendar year with a final digit that is the same as the last digit of the Burough Block and Lot (BBL) number, as illustrated below:
|Last digit of
|Year first EER
Yes, it is possible your building is already compliant with Local Law 87. To find out, take this quick evaluation to see if you are compliant.
the Law 87 process?
Control Technologies knows that the more information you have about your building’s performance, the more empowered you are to improve it. Control Technologies’ experience and knowledge of Buildings, HVAC, Lighting, and Automated Controls allow us to cost-effectively guide you through the process and provide Local Law 87 compliance as well as improving comfort and energy efficiency. Our team of registered and certified professionals has decades of building energy and comfort performance experience. We stay informed of the utility, legislative, and regulatory issues that affect you. Control Technologies offers full Law 87 project compliance services from assessment through execution.